Tessa Spanton SWA Artist, tutor, writer



TESSA SPANTON SWA ARTIST, WRITER AND TUTOR

Welcome to my blog.
This is where I write about some of the things that inspire my work,
news of exhibitions and works in progress

Friday 25 September 2020

Society Women Artists Online Exhibition

 


These 3 paintings of mine were chosen for this exhibition which is open now online, details here


 

Usually it is held annually at the Mall Galleries, London. I am delighted to have had them chosen especially as my work is very different this year. I have experimented with abstract work in recent years but not submitted them to exhibitions. 

This year I took the Art2Life Creative Visionary Programme online and have had more time than usual to explore abstraction and work on several paintings.

Top right is my most recent and one of a series exploring blue, the colours of sea, sky and ice.


Wood panels prepared with gesso

                                               Underpainting

I worked on these with further layers of acrylic paint. The 2 on the right include collage. Bottom right has collaged paper from my collection of beautiful washi papers.





No comments: