Tessa Spanton SWA Artist, tutor, writer



TESSA SPANTON SWA ARTIST, WRITER AND TUTOR

Welcome to my blog.
This is where I write about some of the things that inspire my work,
news of exhibitions and works in progress

Wednesday 3 November 2010

'Lavender Blue Dilly Dilly' at the Corner Gallery

See that little door on the left? That is the way in to the Aladin's cave of a gift shop then through another door at the back of the shop to the Gallery. Follow your nose as there are lavender smellies for sale. I park my car just around the corner and smell them from there.



'Lavender Blue Dilly Dilly' features the work of several artists and started last night with a lavender themed private view. We had lavender biscuits baked at Cocoa River a few doors away and lavender tea from Marks and Sparks.
One of my silk paintings is in the window. The rest of my paintings are grouped together as shown in the third photo. The other artists' work includes some large oils on canvas, watercolours and some stunning photographs.
When I arrived with my paintings on Monday morning and saw all the paintings I wondered how Jacky would fit them all in. When I came back later in the day it looked amazing. It felt as if the walls had been stretched. The different styles of work together make a lively mix.
My silk scarves are displayed on little easels behing the paintings in the window. (photo to follow)



My paintings below range in size from tiny up to about 28x 24in. They are mostly watercolours with one oil, one acrylic and 2 silk paintings.

The exhibition is on till the end of November. There will be a demo of lavender crafts on Sat 6th and I am doing a watercolour demo on Sat 20th.



and if you should visit don't miss popping in to Cocoa River afterwards.

The gallery is only a few steps away from Carshalton Beeches station.

15 comments:

baahar said...

Congrats dear :) They look beautiful together.

matchstickgirl said...

ooo i love the miniature ones !!!

Mami Made It said...

Wonderful! Congrats!

StaroftheEast said...

It looks great, Tessa! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Very beautiful to see so many works of you together! Good luck with the exhibit, Tessa! and congratz!

Julie G. said...

Wonderful Tessa! Your work is beautiful and what a great display!

Viktoria said...

beautiful exhibition! congrats and good luck!

Zuda Gay Pease said...

What a lovely place!! I would love to come and visit!!

kraplap said...

Tessa, it looks beautiful ! Wish I lived a bit more close by ....

RitaJC said...

BIG CONGRATS Tessa!

It looks amazing!!!

Unknown said...

Looking wonderful Tessa, I can't wait to visit the C. Gallery for a proper view! Good luck with sales, I'm sure they will all go!

Colours and Textures said...

Thanks for all your lovely comments. wish I could take you all to Cocoa River!

Judi said...

Oh, how lovely! Wish I could attend!

Naomi said...

Wow, your beautiful paintings and lavender treats, wonderful!

Morrgan said...

It looks wonderful! Congrats! :)