Tessa Spanton SWA Artist, tutor, writer



TESSA SPANTON SWA ARTIST, WRITER AND TUTOR

Welcome to my blog.
This is where I write about some of the things that inspire my work,
news of exhibitions and works in progress

Tuesday 31 July 2018

The Summer Exhibition Royal Academy 2018 Part 1 Royal Valkyries



 This colourful and mighty extravaganza of a sculpture is the first thing I saw as I entered the exhibition. To me it is 'uphostery on steroids', with crochet, knitting and dripping with haberdasher's bling. The sheer size of it is amazing and impossibe to photograph with just my phone. A video might have done it better justice but with so many people milling around not practical. I like it for it's over the top-ness, just right for the space and interesting viewed from all sides and against the windows of the vaulted ceiling.











No comments: