Tessa Spanton SWA Artist, tutor, writer



TESSA SPANTON SWA ARTIST, WRITER AND TUTOR

Welcome to my blog.
This is where I write about some of the things that inspire my work,
news of exhibitions and works in progress

Sunday 2 September 2018

Orla Kiely at the London Fashion and Textile Museum



The London Fashion and Textile museum in Bermondsey Street seen through the window of the colourful Mary Portas charity shop opposite.

 In the main gallery there are supersized dresses of about 9 ft suspended from the ceiling, while on the walls are miniature versions of the same designs. One of them is called the Tessa dress. They are from the Autumn Winter collection.






 Upstairs there is a large array of handbags, original and creative ideas. Simple graphic motifs handled using different techniques. This collection of handbags was the part I enjoyed seeing most. I prefer pattern in small doses.





I like this fun handbag, a girl with a skipping rope that doubles up as handles. There is another where the daisies are the eyes on a face.












 A swimsuit with a repeat pattern of am image of a swimmer.



I like the pattern at the top derived from cutlery, not too obvious.

 A lovely dress handbag combo.


Misx and match doll.

No comments: