Tessa Spanton SWA Artist, tutor, writer



TESSA SPANTON SWA ARTIST, WRITER AND TUTOR

Welcome to my blog.
This is where I write about some of the things that inspire my work,
news of exhibitions and works in progress

Friday 10 March 2017

Silk Scarves on Instagram


I have just started using Instagram and have started by showing some new silk painted scarves that I have made.  Please click here to have a look 

I also run silk painting taster classes, private lessons or workshops.

The scarf above is hand painted and inspired by Paul Klee's painting Fire in the Evening.

The scarves below are hand dyed shibori. The silk length was twisted to make a rope twist structure before adding the colour.
One is a vibrant cobalt blue and for the other I used a black dye that makes subtle purpley greys as it travels along the damp silk.





No comments: