Tessa Spanton SWA Artist, tutor, writer



TESSA SPANTON SWA ARTIST, WRITER AND TUTOR

Welcome to my blog.
This is where I write about some of the things that inspire my work,
news of exhibitions and works in progress

Sunday 26 October 2014

Painting Picture Frames



I am painting a few picture frames ready to frame some small works for The Corner Gallery's gifts for Christmas show.
I am using Farrow and Ball's emulsion paint. First I sand the surfaces to be painted and dust them down. I use an artist's flat brush. It takes up to 3 coats depending on the original colour of the frame. It gives a lovely velvety matt finish. The colour I am using this time is Teresa's green. It's a very soft grey green that goes well with lots of my paintings. This group will mostly be the local lavender fields painted on silk. I buy a sample pot which goes quite a long way on smallish frames.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a brilliant idea Tessa, I have a few frames I could do that with, it is so expensive to get things framed, and as mine are just the wrong colour, I may 'pinch' your idea!

Colours and Textures said...

Cath I have tried various paints and like the Farrow and Ball for frames. I have also mixed my own colours using acrylics or you could mix acrylic ink with white emulsion.

mylifeinpoems said...

I have just nominated you on My Life in Poems blog for The Liebster Award. This is meant to be a way of bringing recognition to less well known bloggers.

If you’d like to take part, have a look at what I have done on my blog (andreaneidle.wordpress.com) and then do something similar on yours – nominating up to six bloggers whom you think deserve a wider audience. I simply cut and pasted the questions I had been sent.

Very best wishes
Andrea